21 Şubat 2008 Perşembe

Kicking Bad Habits for Business Sanity

-Get out of your comfort zone

I know a lot of people out there who are dead set on staying within a certain comfort zone. I'm not one to do the same things the same way all the time. I like to explore, try new ways, do different things - but it's natural for me. I was born this way. For those of you who have a hard time getting out of your comfort zone, I recommend starting with baby steps. Don't tackle anything that will completely turn your world upside down, instead maybe try turning left to go to work vs turning right. You never know what you might find. The point is to be open to new things not only from others but take the initiative and do it yourself.

-Be Global

I never realized how many different types of languages, people, traditions, and way of thinking could exist in one place. During a trip to the French Polynesian we had to adjust our American way of thinking in order to be open to learning new things. We experienced at least 5 different languages (other than Spanish, Chinese, and French), 3 different types of traditions, and multiple different views on life. It was amazing.

It's different from going to another country or out of town. We were literally in the middle of nowhere and that's the amazing thing about it. You can actually catch a flight to the middle of nowhere - do you know what I mean?. The point: Don't just think globally be global. You're not the only one - share and be global.

-Be Truthful with Yourself

Start being truthful about everything and just see what happens. As you know, I've always been one who is very direct and as truthful as I can be - but now I'm more truthful with myself so now its easier for me to share. I don't hold back. Try it for a week and just see what happens, you might create a new habit - being truthful with yourself!

-Be Your Own Best Friend

This one is easy. You've heard it before. Go shopping with yourself, take yourself to dinner, go on a trip with yourself, or whatever floats your boat. Depending on where you are in life, you will become a magnet for great people. It is a must as an entrepreneur to surround themselves with like minds and great people. Begin this process by surrounding yourself with yourself.

-Go to Bora Bora and Go Topless! (for women only)

Yes, I said topless! It means be free, take chances, open yourself up completely. It's the most liberating thing you could experience. It's about experiencing life to the fullest. Can you say that your doing this now? If not, you've got some work to do.

-What does all this have to do with business?

Everything. In order for you to be the business owner you aspire to be, you have to be a leader. In order to be a leader you must set examples. Before you can set examples you have to be an example for yourself.

Hiç yorum yok: